- Me: I've been working out a lot.
- Husband: <silence>
- Me: Don't you care?
- Husband: Ask any guy around [work], they know my wife is getting in shape. Of course, I care.
- Me: Well, you better care because I am doing this for you.
- Husband: What? You better be doing this for you.
- Me: I am busting my ass for you.
- Husband: No, you need to do this for yourself.
I feel like a moron. I am having circulation problems while working out on the elliptical. My toes go numb. My main thought is “duh, don’t use the elliptical.” How can I increase circulation? Should I just do different exercises? Is it possible that my shoes are too tight?
- Me: My thighs are getting bigger. Like my pants are tight. Should I keep increasing my weights?
- Husband: You gotta run.
- Me: Oh damn.
- Husband: <rolls eyes>
- Me: That's my nemesis.
Nope, I didn’t mean UGW.
I mean UWG. Ultimate Weight Goal. Today I was at the gym and I increased my weights on the leg press and I realized that I should probably set a goal for how much weight I want to be able to leg press. Right now I am at 150.
My UWG is “to be stronger than the boys.” LOL. That was all I could decide on.
My weight hasn’t changed for weeks. I’ve been 131 and I am eating clean and working my butt off. Maybe I should stop weighing myself?
Everyday that I go to the gym is easier than the day before. Everyone says that this will happen but people like me aren’t true believers until they feel it.
And I feel it now. And it’s amazing.
I rewarded myself with a new pair of compression shorts. It’s been three whole weeks of consistent working out and eating clean. My workout shorts are too big and when I try to do things like the leg press, I am “exposed” lol. So I guess compression shorts were a must. My husband told me to go buy five pairs but I only bought one, I am putting the other ones on my goals rewards list.